Thank you to our sponsors.
We couldn’t do this show without you!
Tent Conference 2018
Took place on January 18 – 19, 2018
Sheraton Mesa Hotel at Wrigleyville West Mesa, AZ
IFAI Tent Conference is the leading event promoting the advancement of the commercial tent rental industry. This biennial event features:
- A robust educational component designed to grow businesses
- Valuable networking opportunities
- Access to the industry’s top material suppliers
- TRD’s annual business meeting
- Have access to a targeted customer base in a single location
- Strengthen relationships with existing customers
- Gain inside information on what your customers need
- Discover a new client base
Tent Conference 2018 RECAP
by Jill C. Lafferty
Industry leaders gathered in West Mesa, Ariz., in January for education, networking and the annual Tent Rental Division (TRD) business meeting at Tent Conference 2018.
In the opening educational session, attendees were introduced to new TRD code consultant Paul Armstrong, PE, CBO, and TRD code committee member Ron Anstey, PE, CBO, investigator and section chief with the New Hampshire State Fire Marshal’s Office. Armstrong and Anstey discussed the history of tent-related codes and how industry members can contribute to code development. In other sessions:
- Market consultant Gary Stansberry addressed the failure of the Classic Party Rentals network, current market conditions and the metrics to focus on if you are considering selling your business.
- Corporate and commercial equipment leasing attorney James Waite offered guidance on contract language to protect against lawsuits.
- Arnulfo Hinojosa, vice president, Federation of Employers and Workers of America, spoke on employing temporary labor through the H-2B program.
At its business meeting, TRD announced leadership changes and elected two new members to its Steering Committee:
- Outgoing chairman Mike Holland, Chattanooga Tent Co., outgoing ex officio Biff Gentsch, Anchor Industries Inc., and outgoing Steering Committee member Linc Aldershof, Verseidag U.S., were thanked for their service and dedication to TRD. Holland becomes an ex officio member of the Steering Committee.
- TRD welcomes its new chairman Brian Richardson, L & A Tent Rentals Inc., and new vice chairman Michael Tharpe, Rainier Tent.
- Steve Belliveau of Anchor Industries and Rob Roberts of Big 4 Party Rentals Inc., Novato, Calif., were elected to their first three-year term on the Steering Committee
Attendees also enjoyed a lunch with conference sponsors, the annual golf tournament, a tour of the Apache Trail, opening reception, and a breakfast keynote featuring motivational speaker and comedian Steve Rizzo. TRD thanks sponsors for their support of this valuable event:
- Anchor Industries
- Aztec Tents
- Charnecke Tents Inc.
- DAF Products Inc.
- Economy Tent
- Eureka! The Tent Company
- Keder Solutions
- Losberger US
- Olympic Tent
- Rainier Tent
- Top Tec Event Tents