The Bruce W. Wodetzki Award is the tent rental industry’s most prestigious honor. The award is named for the founding member and first Chairman of IFAI’s Tent Rental Division (TRD) and recognizes professionals who continue his legacy of impacting the growth, direction and success of the tent rental industry.
People such as Bruce, Bernie Armbruster, Red Mahaffey, Harry Oppenheimer and Joe Nolan were all essential in the development of the tent rental division as we know it today. Bruce was the first chairman of the division and watched it grow from a handful of visionary companies to an industry-influencing organization.
Bruce passed away in 1989 leaving us the foundation that we continue to build on today. With respect to this vision, we recognize members of our division that carry on the traditions and beliefs that meant so much to those early tent companies.
The award will only be presented at the biennial Tent Expo.
Nomination / Selection Process
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidate must be or have been (retired) a member of the TRD.
- Candidate should understand the long-term goals of the tent rental division/industry and must have somehow participated in helping the division achieve those goals.
- Candidate should have demonstrated leadership in the industry or division.
- Candidate should have influenced or enhanced the division/industry’s trends and image.
- Download the nomination form to submit a candidate for consideration.
Method of Election
TRD will call for nominations approximately 6 months prior to its biennial Tent Expo with nominations to close after 8 – 12 weeks.
IFAI/TRD staff shall prepare a ballot listing all nominees in alphabetical order and send electronically to all eligible electors.
An elector will vote for no more than two (2) eligible candidates deemed worthy of election. Write-in votes are not permitted.
Any candidate receiving votes on seventy-five percent (75%) of the ballots cast shall be elected to receive a Wodetzki Award.
Any nominee receiving 10% of the ballots cast shall automatically be placed on the next ballot.
- Nominees are eligible to stay on the ballot for two (2) more cycles (four years).
Nominees who do not receive 10% or more the ballots casts can be renominated in the future.
All voting will be anonymous, each elector will be voting independently.
Click here to view a list of past winners of the Bruce W. Wodetzki award.
The electors will consist of the following:
- Current members of the TRD Steering Committee including chair & vice chair
- All past chairpersons of the TRD Steering Committee including ex-officio
- All past Wodetzki Award recipients
*Electors will receive one ballot regardless of number of qualified categories